Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Position for Research Exploration

After exploring the options of offshore drilling I have decided to be against drilling. The reason for my opposition includes the limited short term benefits of drilling, the environmental impacts that are inherent in drilling and the lack of focus towards a new renewable and clean source of energy. It is apparent to me that the decision to increase offshore drilling would be illogical and only add to America's dependence on traditional energy sources such as oil and coal. Instead my position is to keep the rigs we currently have operating but spend future oil investments in the development and implementation of new energy sources such as solar and wind power. While the actualization of these energy sources as viable and large scale enough to power the US seems far off, the use of these sources is also an important step in creating energy independence. In my essay I will explain why offshore drilling is not a good future option for the US and focus on how better the resources could be used to create new energy sources for the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment